“Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Most of us who are out of school and working generally don’t like our jobs. Some of us deal with too many hours. For others, the job is very boring. Sometimes, your job is very stressful. So, for a variety of reasons, a lot of people trudge through a job they simply cannot stand. Most of these people toil away in this employee misery.
There are others who actively try to break out of their jobs and employee life in general. They have ideas for businesses they want to start, and some may have even started side businesses already (like an online venture). Some are part-time bloggers whose income is slowly becoming enough to sustain them. Others start to invest in real estate. Eventually these ventures become profitable enough for their owners to quit their day jobs.
而有些人积极的想要摆脱工作和职业生活的束缚。他们对自己想开始什么样的生意很有想法，并且一些人可能已经开始了副业(就像网上创业).有些是兼职的博客 撰 稿人，他们的收入慢慢变得足够养活他们自己。另一些人则开始投资房地产。最后这些创业都替他们赢得了足够的利润来辞掉他们的日常工作。
Whichever person you, the point is that, in the here and now, you are STUCK in a job you don’t like and hate going to. You feel like the proverbial “rat race” is grinding you down. So how do we get through our jobs on a daily basis? Even for those who see the light at the end of the tunnel, what do you do from here to there? How do we deal with the day-in/day-out misery that plagues us?
无论你是那种人，关键是眼下，你正陷于你不喜欢的工作，你讨厌去那里上班。你感觉上就像被那“你死我活的竞争”碾碎。因此我们如何才能以每天为基础度过我 们 的日常工作？即使是那些看到希望的曙光的人，从这儿到那儿，你做了什么呢？我们如何才能解决那些日日夜夜折磨着我们的痛苦呢？
The answer is focusing on the reality around us and on the things that make us who we are. These things are reflected in many tangible experiences. Here are 12 tips to help you attain this focus and get through your current day job:
1) Remember that there are only so many hours in a day. There is only so much you can do in one day. Don’t stress over the fact that you have to finish a 10-hour work assignment in 5 hours. You do what you can in 5 hours, turn it in, and let the rest take care of itself. We’re only human, and there are limits to what we are physically capable of doing. The next time it feels like a time constraint is going to burden you to the ground, don’t become obsessed with how little time you have. Focus on what you can do with your skills and abilities in the time that you do have. The rest is out of your control and, thus, should be out of your worries.
1） 记得一天只有那几个小时。一天之中你只可以做那么些事情。不要过度的逼迫你自己这样想：你不得不在5个小时内完成10个小时的工作。在5个小时里你做你力 所能及的事，换句话说，就是将其余的工作放任自流。我们只是女人，我们身体上力所能及的事情有很多的限制。感觉下一次，这样的强迫的想法就会把你压垮，不 要被你有如此少的时间迷惑。关心一下在你所拥有的时间内用你的技术和能力可以做的事情。其他的就不在你的控制之内，因此，他们也应该在你的担忧之外。
2) Find something you love. Since work is not what you love, find something that you truly enjoy. Everyone has specific interests and skills. Find a hobby or activity you enjoy doing and dive into it. Some people enjoy sports. Others enjoy fishing, scrapping, writing, blogging, etc. Find something you can do a little of every day and attack it with everything you have. It will become your passion. Our hobbies and activities reflect who we are, and the more we immerse ourselves in them the more we discover ourselves.
2） 找一些你喜欢的东西。因为工作不是你喜欢的，那就找一些你真正享受的东西。每个人都有独特的兴趣和技术。找一个你喜欢的兴趣或者活动，并且投入进去。有些 人喜欢运动。还有人喜欢钓鱼、手工、写作、博客等等。找一些你每天可以做一点的事情并且倾其所有地投入进去。它将会变成你的热情。我们的兴趣和活动反映着 我们是什么样的人，我们越沉浸于那些东西，我们就越能发现真正的自己。
3) Educate yourself. For those of you who strategize about ways to liberate yourself from your job and life as an employee, learn more about your hobby or passion. Take that activity that you love and find out how to turn it into a business. If you like writing, determine whether you can write short stories, poetry, or a full-fledged novel. If you love antiques, find out if you can buy and sell antiques as an Ebay business. If you have an interest in real estate, read about it and attend seminars. Researching this connection between your passion and a possible business opportunity is important for a couple of reasons. If you can turn your passion into a profitable business, you can set up a framework for escaping the 9-to-5 grind. In addition, and more important, you create a means through which you can fulfill yourself on a daily basis, and that sense of fulfillment distracts you from your workplace misery.
3) 教育你自己。对于那些自己制定方法将自己从工作和生活中解放出来的雇员来说，你们应该学习更多有关于你们的兴趣和热情的事。从事你喜欢的活动，并且想出如 何将此转化为一项职业。如果你喜欢写作，那么你就决定你是不是可以写写短的故事、诗歌、或者似模似样的小说。如果你喜欢古董，那么想想你是否可以像 Ebay那样买卖古董。如果你对房地产感兴趣，那么多读读这方面的书籍并且参加研讨会。由于许多原因，调查一下你的热情和可能的商业机会之间的联系是十分 重要的。如果你可以将你的热情转化为一项可以盈利的事业，那么你就可以建立一项事业来摆脱朝九晚五的工作带来的折磨。另外，也是更重要的，你建立了一个可 以在每天的基础上实现自己的计划，并且这样的满足感会把你的注意力从痛苦的工作上转移开来。
4) Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something. Nothing bothers me more than someone telling me I “can’t” do something. I remember explaining to my boss one day the mechanics of investing in rental properties and the potential it has for developing passive income and a consistent cash flow. He dismissed it and promptly declared that it was too difficult to do. Comments and attitudes like that can quickly suppress whatever dreams you have and bury you further into your “rat race.” If you have a dream, you have to protect it, especially from people with “can’t do” attitudes. Don’t let anyone take that dream away from you. People who think something “can’t be done” simply can’t do it themselves. And then they want to tell you that you can’t do it. If you want something, and if you think it can be done, go do it, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
4） 不要让任何人告诉你，你不能做到一些事。没有比其他人告诉我，我不能做到某些事情更让我困扰的了。我记得有一天我向我的老板解释投资出租物业的技巧和发展 被动收入和一致的现金流转的潜力。他驳回了我的建议并且迅速地宣称：那实在是太难了，根本无法做到。他的评论和态度就像是快速地压制了你的梦想并且将你更 深的埋入“你死我活的竞争”之中。如果你有一个梦想，你不得不去保护它，尤其是从那些带有“你不行”的态度的人手里。别让任何人从你身上夺走你的梦想。简 单地认为某些事情无法做到的人自己也没有办法做到。于是他们想告诉你，你也无法做到。如果你想要某些东西，并且如果你认为那可以做到，那么就去做吧，别让 任何人和你说那些话。
5) Exercise. Not only do you have to train your mind to believe the impossible, you also have to train your body to help you achieve that. Exercise is essential to surviving the daily grind. When I wake up and exercise in the morning, I feel so good the rest of the day. My body is energetic, and my mind is quicker and more alert. The lack of exercise can bog you down. Combined with an unhappy work life, it can push you down into unspeakable depths. Exercise your body regularly, and the benefits you’ll experience will transcend the physical and spill over into a healthy mind and a vibrant self-esteem.
5） 锻炼。你不仅仅要训练你自己的思想去相信不可能的事情，你还要训练你的身体来帮你实现它。锻炼是从日常工作中生存下来的基础。当我早上醒来做运动的时候， 我在接下来的一天中都感觉很好。我的身体充满了精力，我的思维更加敏捷，更加警醒。缺乏锻炼会使你陷入困境。伴随着不愉快的工作生活，它会将你推入无法形 容的深渊。有规律的锻炼你的身体，以及由此体会到的益处会超越身体，延续到一个健康的思维和膨胀的自尊。
6) Save money. Nothing makes you feel more miserable about work than the need to keep working to pay for items you bought with money you didn’t have. Instead of buying that new widescreen TV or that new iphone, save your money. Don’t eat out as much. Bring lunch to work. Build a fund of money that you can use for investing or starting a business. Knowing that you’re saving money for something productive will help erase the feeling that you “need” to go to work to pay your bills.
6） 存钱。没有比你努力工作来买自己买不起的东西更凄惨的了。不要买那款新的宽屏电视和新的iphone手机，省下你的钱。不要老是出去吃。带着午饭去上班。 存下一笔你可以用来投资或者开始一项事业的钱。知道你自己真在为某些有产出的事情存钱会抹去你需要去工作来付账的感觉。
7) Drink wine. If you’re going to spend money on something, spend a little on the fundamental pleasures of life. The ancient Greeks and Romans never spared themselves a glass of wine, so why should you? A glass of wine every day has unbelievable health benefits, and it helps you wind down after a stressful or active day. It also tastes great and pairs well with good food and enhances any meal. It’s a pleasure worth indulging in.
7)喝红酒。如果你要在某些事情上花钱，那么花一些在生活的基本享受上。古希腊和罗马人从来都是就不离身，所以为什么你就应该呢？每天一杯红酒有着难以置信的 健康方面的益处，它也将帮助你在一天的劳累和奔波后舒缓下来。它喝起来也很美味，伴着其他好的食物一起吃的话可以提高每餐的质量。这是很愉悦的享受，值得 你沉浸其中。
8) Go to the movies. There is nothing like sitting in a large, cold movie theater and watching a great movie on the big screen. Widescreen TVs have attempted to replicate this experience, but there’s nothing like the real thing. Making the time to go see a movie helps you escape from reality, even if it’s just for a couple of hours. That escape can do w...